The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is
the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri
Synod. for almost 75 years, the LWML has focused on affirming each
woman’s relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to
live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to
support global missions.
The mission of the Lutheran Women's Missionary League is to
assist each woman of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod in affirming
her relationship with the Triune God so that she is enabled to use
her gifts in ministry to the people of the world.
LWML - UPDATE
April 1, 2021 - St.
John LWML will host a Zone workshop on Saturday, April 17, from
10:00am to 12:00 noon with registration beginning at 9:30am.
Featured speaker will be Rev. Steve Sirek from Orphan Grain Train.
Ladies of the congregation are invited to attend as guests.
Ladies Aid Meeting Notes
April 1, 2020 - St.
John Ladies Aid met on March 31, 2021, with Deb Walker as hostess.
Pastor Toensing led us in prayer and a Bible study entitled, “Heroes
of the Faith: Apollos” and then we sang “Baptized into Your Name
- Roll call was taken with 8 members present.
- The minutes of the February 2021 meeting were read and
- The treasurer’s report was given.
- A thank you card from Olga Weidner was shared and the
hostess list was also passed around.
- We were all invited to place Easter Lilies on the altar for
- A thank you card was signed by all the members to show
appreciation to Shirley Reetz for all her years of service as
- The call list for funerals was discussed. This list needs to
be updated so when COVID-19 has ended, we will start contacting
members to see if they would be willing to be put on the list to
bring food for funerals.
- It was brought up that the refrigerators may need to be
cleaned out periodically. Diane Kahle and Janice Reetz will work
on cleaning up the kitchen and after every meeting the
refrigerators will be checked to see if any food needs to be
thrown away. It was mentioned to put up a sign on the
refrigerators that state after 30 days food left in there will
be thrown away.
- Deb Walker celebrated a birthday in March. The birthday song
was sung. Janice Reetz will be the hostess for April. We closed
the meeting with the Lord’s Prayer and the common Table Prayer.
Deb Walker, Secretary